1 a usually secretive or illicit sexual relationship [syn: affair, affaire, intimacy, involvement, amour]
2 a channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas" [syn: link, contact, inter-group communication]
- Communication between two parties or groups.
- Co-operation, working together.
- A relayer of information between two forces in an army or during war.
- A tryst, romantic meeting.
- An illicit sexual relationship or affair.
- A sandhi in which a normally silent final consonant is pronounced when the next word begins with a vowel.
communication between two parties or groups
- Finnish: yhteydenpito
co-operation, working together
- Finnish: yhteistyö
a relayer of information between two forces in an army or during war
- Finnish: yhteyshenkilö
a tryst, romantic meeting
- German: Liaison
linguistics: a sandhi
- German: Liaison
Liaison may refer to:
- Liaison (French), the pronunciation of a word-final consonant due to a following vowel sound in French
- Liaison officer, a military officer who coordinates as forces or national units usually at staff level
- Liaison job, a job that links two or more specialties
- Liaison aircraft, a small aircraft used by military forces
- Liaison pilot, a World War II pilot who flew liaison aircraft
- Collaboration, people working together
- Affair, an unfaithful or adulterous sexual relationship
- Air Alliance, a Canadian airline whose call sign was "Liaison'
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education
- "Liaisons", an episode of the American drama series Desperate Housewives
- "Liaisons", an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation
liaison in German: Liaison
liaison in French: Liaison
liaison in Kölsch: Liaison (Watt ėßß datt?)
accord, addition, adjunct, adulterous affair, adultery, affair, affairs, affiliation, affinity, agent, agglomeration, agglutination, aggregation, alliance, amor, amour, approximation, articulation, assemblage, association, bond, bracketing, broker, closeness, clustering, combination, communication, concatenation, concourse, concurrence, confluence, congeries, conglomeration, conjugation, conjunction, connectedness, connection, contact, contiguity, contrariety, convergence, copulation, coupling, cuckoldry, dealings, deduction, disjunction, distributor, entanglement, eternal triangle, filiation, flirtation, forbidden love, gathering, go-between, hanky-panky, homology, hookup, illicit love, infidelity, intercommunication, intercourse, interlinking, intermediary, intermedium, intimacy, intrigue, jobber, joinder, joining, jointure, junction, knotting, link, linkage, linking, love affair, marriage, mediary, mediator, medium, meeting, merger, merging, middleman, mutual attraction, nearness, pairing, propinquity, proximity, rapport, relatedness, relation, relations, relationship, romance, romantic tie, similarity, splice, symbiosis, sympathy, tie, tie-in, tie-up, triangle, unfaithfulness, unification, union, wholesaler, yoking